Selectica (NASDAQ: SLTC), develops software that the world’s most successful companies rely on to improve their sales and contracting processes. Selectica Contract Lifecycle Management, and our sales configuration platform support the Global 2000 in closing billions of dollars of business annually. Our patented technology helps high-tech, manufacturing, healthcare, financial services, government contracting, and other customers overcome product and channel complexity, increase deal value, and accelerate time to revenue.
The position is located in our San Mateo corporate headquarters and reports to the Corporate Controller. The successful candidate will have an awesome sense of humor and the ability to thrive with minimal guidance in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. If you love chocolate and can play ping-pong this could be an awesome opportunity!
This role will assist and be responsible for accounting and finance related functions such as, revenue recognition, monthly close, audit support, and ad hoc projects. We are looking for someone who is hard-working, detail oriented and able to interact with management on a daily basis. The successful candidate will be able to apply technical accounting knowledge and analytical skills to contribute to a dynamic, first class, highly scalable and efficient accounting team for a hyper-growth, high-tech Company.
- Ensures the timely reporting of all period financial information based on US GAAP.
- Own various aspects of the GL, including AP, commissions, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly and year end close
- Supports budget activities
- Prepares sales tax, property tax and business licenses documentation
- Ensures all sales tax rules and regulations are followed in all states (Nexus presence); updates information when required
- Provides weekly cash management reporting
- Prepares and posts journal entries
- Completes bank reconciliation
- Manages the 1099 reporting process during year end to ensure accuracy and timely filing
- Participate in ad hoc projects as needed
- Provide assistance and coordination with external auditors to ensure and annual audits are supported efficiently via preparation of PBC schedules and requested auditor analyses
- Must be detailed oriented and with extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA or BS) from four-year college or university.
- Minimum of two years of experience is required.
- Big 4 experience is highly preferred, but not required.
- Strong organizational skills and detail-oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to effectively work within a team to expedite completion of critical projects with other functional groups.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of NetSuite, ADP or Concur is a plus.
How to apply
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.